Heidi became a vegetarian for health reasons, Dan did for religious reasons and they both did for ethical reasons. Please, oh, please watch this short film. The first two and a half minutes are disturbing as they are about corporate farming, where most meat in America is produced. At least have the decency to watch this film to gain a better understanding of how and where most meat in America is being produced. The last two and a half minutes are a glimpse of what farming used to resemble and there are a couple images that will make you smile.
When people show kindness and compassion towards humans, it is praised. But when you become compassionate towards animals you are looked at as a weirdo. Why is that? Don't animals deserve respect too? We hope that you take a second look at your consumption of meat, and hope that you try to be more compassionate in your daily decisions.
"May you find solace in the awareness that no animal need be killed so that we may live."
-Collen Patrick Goudreau
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Sorry, I had to look away a couple of times during the first few minutes. Today in Church the subject was Happiness and a speaker shared his experience of growing up on an old fashioned farm and how the animals brought him happiness. He said something along the lines that its through the kindness we show to animals that we can find happiness in them. I don't think Nicole and I could ever replace the happiness Buddy and Bandit bring to us. -B-
"Christianity doesn't deny the reality of suffering and evil... Our hope... is not based on the idea that we are going to be free of pain and suffering. Rather, it is based on the conviction that we will triumph over suffering."
- Brennan Manning
“Wounding and healing are not opposites. They're part of the same thing. It is our wounds that enable us to be compassionate with the wounds of others. It is our limitations that make us kind to the limitations of other people. It is our loneliness that helps us to to find other people or to even know they're alone with an illness. I think I have served people perfectly with parts of myself I used to be ashamed of. ”
1 comment:
Sorry, I had to look away a couple of times during the first few minutes. Today in Church the subject was Happiness and a speaker shared his experience of growing up on an old fashioned farm and how the animals brought him happiness. He said something along the lines that its through the kindness we show to animals that we can find happiness in them. I don't think Nicole and I could ever replace the happiness Buddy and Bandit bring to us.
-B-
Post a Comment