Vegas is such an interesting place, and unless you have lived there, you don’t really understand how weird it is. Since I am no longer calling Las Vegas my “home” I thought I’d pay homage to the place I love to hate.So the reasons why I LOVE VEGAS:
1. If you need a Slurpee at 2:00am there’s a good chance you can get one.2. In fact if you need anything at 2:00am there’s a good chance you can get it.
3. People in Vegas are Dog Lover’s. There are huge dog parks, dog bakeries, boutiques, “Strut your mutt,” “Pet-a-palluza,” -Tons of places to take your dogs….it’s just a dog city.
4. I have met some of the most genuine people in the Church in Vegas
5. I have met some of the most genuine and caring people in the world in Vegas
6. It’s always sunny
7. It is so culturally diverse, there have been times when I go out with my friends and every single one of us is from a different race…you don’t get that in Utah!
8. I went to school at UNLV and am a proud Alumni


9. There are fun outdoor activities: Red Rock, Lake Mead, Mt. Charleston, and Valley of Fire10. There are many venues for entertainment, shows and concerts

Some of the reasons I HATE VEGAS:
1. It gets really annoying hearing “Vegas Baby” everywhere you go2. It gets really annoying having a slot machine everywhere you go
3. It gets really annoying seeing the naked butt billboard on the back of every cab
4. It’s reminds me of being sick
5. People trash Vegas, citizens don’t have pride for “their” city
6. It’s always sunny
7. The housing prices are out of control
8. Primary Education is below par in Clark County
9. There are not many family friendly places/entertainment10. I don't want to hear "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!" ever again!
Las Vegas has been such a good experience for us. We have enjoyed living here, and really wouldn't have had it any other way. We have made life long friendships and have made life long memories; some of them have been bad and some of them have been good. But change is good and the time is coming near that we will leave Las Vegas for good. In the words of Sheryl Crow:
"Leaving Las Vegas Leaving for good, for good I'm leaving for good I'm leaving for good I'm standing in the middle of the desert Waiting for my ship to come in But now no joker, no jack, no king Can take this loser hand And make it win I'm Leaving Las Vegas Lights so bright Palm sweat, blackjack On a Saturday night Leaving Las Vegas Leaving for good, for good I'm leaving for good I'm leaving for good"

1 comment:
I don't know why the "always sunny" is in the hate column...I could use some sun right now!
Post a Comment